Elixir is a dynamic functional programming language. Its build for salable and maintainable application. Elixir leverages the Erlang VM, known for running low-latency, distributed and fault-tolerant systems, its used in web development and embedded software domain .
Before jump in deeper we first need to know why we need to learn Elixir .
- It’s fantastic for serving web pages. It is so fast, in fact, that standard ways of measuring webserver performance are too slow and thus give invalid result.
- Evaluating Elixir / Phoenix for a web-scale, performance-critical application which means you end up needing to use Tsung, which is surprise written in Erlang (same VM that Elixir uses).
- It’s fantastic for chat/voice server apps.
- The same tech behind Elixir is behind WhatsApp and Facebook Messenger.
- And a lot of other tech like game servers, the excellent gaming voice chat app https://discordapp.com/ is also powered by Erlang/Elixir on the backend.
- It’s fantastic for driving low-level hardware (as firmware): nerves
- It’s fantastic for creating stable, long-term, performance, well-tested codebases,
- and many more reason
Installation Process of Elixer :
see this link , it fully describe about how to install it in your machine operating system.
no more this part we learn step by step in our tutorial series about elixer .